We are offering FREE, professional, on-site child care for kids 12 and under through Snappy Sitters. All sitters will be fully vaccinated against Covid and will be wearing mask when indoors.
- Aug 31 and Sept 1
- Daytime: 8:30am - 6pm
- Evening: 7pm - 10pm
You're welcome to drop off and pick up your child at any time during the shifts that you are signed up for.
Childcare will be located in the Great Hall, in Landmark Rooms 1 + 2, which is a 5 minute walk from where the talks will be held.
What to bring
Please make sure everything is labeled with your child's name.
- Water bottle or cup
- Sunscreen (we'll have some on hand, but if you have a preferred brand, please bring it)
- Favorite toys, games and books (optional)
For babies and toddlers:
- portable crib or mat for naps
- breast milk/formula and bottles (in a cooler or insulated bag if it needs to be kept cool)
- diapers, wipes and a spare set of clothes
Lunch and snacks
- If you purchased a Guest Pass for your child, lunch will be catered by the resort. Lunch will include a deli sandwich (e.g. ham/turkey with cheese), chips and a cookie.
- If you did not purchase a Guest Pass, or would like to provide a different lunch, please bring it in a bag labeled with your child's name.
- If you're providing food that needs to be kept cool, please bring it in a cooler or insulated bag. Refrigeration isn't available in the Landmark Rooms.
- Guest Passes can be purchased until Aug 22, and are free for kids 5 and under.
- We'll provide some nut-free snacks and fruit.
The sitters will wear masks when inside. Masks are optional for kids. We ask that you please wear a mask whenever you are in the childcare rooms.
I'm absolutely blown away by how much @cartwr and the entire team @CascadiaJS lifts up and highlights the people who contribute to and make this conference so special. This is what a conf that focuses on community looks like! 🌲 #cjs19 pic.twitter.com/Yh0CdOzVyx— Divya (@shortdiv) November 9, 2019
I absolutely LOVED MCing @CascadiaJS! This was such a well organized conference, huge kudos to the speakers, the organizers, the sponsors, and of course the audience + community for making it great. It was a pleasure!! #cjs20 pic.twitter.com/EhqjhYJEVY— Cassidy (@cassidoo) September 3, 2020
That’s a wrap on #CascadiaJS 2021! I’m so stoked I got to attend an in person event!— tyler (@airercode500) November 5, 2021
Can’t wait for next year at Sun River! Was lovely meeting you all! pic.twitter.com/N936UaiOi1
Had an amazing time at @CascadiaJS. See you next year! pic.twitter.com/eJYIkqHVMf— Treasure Porth (@treasureporth) November 13, 2019
I was honored to participate in #CascadiaJS again this year. I've been so impressed again with all the creativity and effort the organizers, speakers, and community puts into making it a uniquely fun event. ✨ pic.twitter.com/x0byI4utED— Nicole Oliver (@nixcodes) November 5, 2021
Huge shoutout to the @CascadiaJS organizers for a truly unique experience that went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. You could really feel their passion for the community and the time, attention, and care they put into every single aspect. THANK YOU!! ❤️🌲 #cjs20 pic.twitter.com/5NH2FVfMA2— Rachael Thomas (@rachael_codes) September 3, 2020
So about @CascadiaJS last year… pic.twitter.com/iFsMyd71FA— Michelle Bakels (@MichelleBakels) January 25, 2022
Yeah, tonight was great. #CascadiaJS pic.twitter.com/4hHgTP46fg— Jessica West (@jessicaewest) November 5, 2021
Awesome @CascadiaJS afterparty at the @LivingComputers— Welling Guzmán (@wellingguzman) November 17, 2018
I had so much fun. #CJS18 pic.twitter.com/xUiF2iupz6
I can't thank @crtr0, the @CascadiaJS team, and the conference sponsors enough for the opportunity to attend #cascadiajs! Everyone was so encouraging and welcoming, I'm thrilled to bring back what I learned to @MakeThinkCode & @pnca. pic.twitter.com/5hVyhcmyUL— meganmckissack (@meganmckissack) November 19, 2018